Bladder & Bowel – Know the Facts
- For many sufferers, incontinence is a taboo subject and many do not seek help or treatment for their problems
- It is estimated that 14 million people in the UK have a problem with their bladder and 6.5 million people have a problem with their bowels
- 7 million women in the UK experience some degree of incontinence
- Incontinence can have a significant effect on quality of life, restrict socialising and causing low self-esteem
- It is estimated that 1 in 7 adults suffer from constipation
- The annual cost to the NHS for treating/managing incontinence is more than £233 million
- Up to 85% of people living in care homes will experience moisture lesions due to urine and faecal matter being in contact with their skin.
- 70% of people that seek help are either cured or their symptoms are significantly improved.
At Clinisupplies, we have a team of highly specialist nurses who have experience of supporting individuals who have bladder and/or bowel problems. Following a thorough assessment, either in a clinic or your own home, the nurse will work with you to ensure you receive the most appropriate medical device to suit your continence needs.
For more information, or to discuss this in depth, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org